PROVIDE CARE FOR THE ORPHANED AND CREATE HOPE FOR FAMILIES IN HAITI, through Christian-motivated care, relationships, and training.
PROVIDE ORPHAN CARE THAT REDUCES THE FUTURE DEMAND FOR ORPHAN CARE IN HAITI
Statement of Faith
Child Hope International stands in the broad tradition of biblical, historical Christianity as expressed in the Scriptures and in statements like the Apostles’ and Nicene Creeds. The following are our distinctives:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. The Bible is the only perfect rule for faith, doctrine, and conduct (2 Tim 3:16, 2 Pet 1:21).
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Deut 6:4, John 1:1, Acts 5:3-4).
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory (John 1:1, Matt 1:18, Heb 4:15, Mark 10:45, 1 Cor 15:3-8, Acts 1:9-11).
- We believe that all people have sinned and fallen away from God. People are saved by faith when they receive God’s unmerited grace that comes through Jesus, are regenerated by the Holy Spirit, and follow Jesus as Lord. Saving faith expresses itself in love for God and others (Rom 3:21-24; 6:23; Lk 9:23-24; Gal 5:6).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life and be transformed to take on the character of Jesus. Transformation comes through living in obedience to the Bible, by the power of the Holy Spirit, in community with God’s people (Gal 5:22-26; Eph 4:11-13; Col 1:28-29).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (2 Cor 5:10, Matt 25:46).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. As one body we are called by Christ into the world to declare and demonstrate the Gospel in word and deed (Eph 4:3-6, Matt 28:18-20).